Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Foggy Bathroom Mirrors

"When you're taking a bath, a good thing to remember besides soap is that the bathroom won't steam up so much if you run the cold water first. Then bring it up to the proper temperature with the hot.
"After a hot shower, you can run the cold water full blast, for a minute or so, to clear away the steam."
-The I Hate to Housekeep Book

I am trying to decide whether they had bathroom fans in 1965, and I'm thinking not. Because this doesn't work half so well as just turning on the fan. Doing both at once, however, seems to speed up the process, so it's not a totally worthless tip.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

An added to-do about foggy mirrors, I use the fog to help clean them mirrow. I use a dry towel, or wash cloth or whatever, and wipe the fog off and viola, a clean mirror. Since i don't need the mirror after the shower, I usually just let the fog dissapait on it's own. that's how random i am..... ok, there it is. Love, Mom <3