Friday, July 25, 2008

To soap or not to soap

Can I make a confession? Will you lose all confidence in me if I admit this? I don't use soap very often. Water and elbow grease seem to work in a lot of cases. When I do use soap, it is something of a last resort, when scrubbing just isn't enough, or when germs are a factor. The only things I really seem to use soap for on a regular basis are hands, clothes, and dishes (especially things touched by raw meat). Basically, anything that will handle food or touch skin on a regular basis. My mother was much the same way, and my brother and I didn't get any more colds than anyone else. What I'm trying to say is, your house doesn't have to be sterilized. You're not competing with hospitals. No major surgery will be performed on your kitchen floor. You only need to be clean enough.

No comments: