Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rearranging Furniture

...is apparently my new hobby.

I would never have figured this out if it weren't for our Home Teachers commenting that every month when they come over something is different. Sometimes it's drastic, sometimes small. This month it was simply moving the couch to the other side of the room, moving one lamp, and putting the tall red bookshelf next to the other bookshelves. I've never gotten so many compliments on an appliance until I put my lava lamp/floor lamp in the living room instead of the bedroom. Not that it works anymore, but people still think it's the coolest.

I also enjoy rearranging my bookshelves, though not nearly that often. I am extremely tempted to arrange them by color, but then I wouldn't be able to find anything. This is apparently in vogue right now, but Peg thought of it first: "Perhaps you remember books by their color, as a friend of mine does. She thinks, 'Oh yes, that pink book, by what's-his-name...' So she keeps as like-colored books together, which results in some improbable shelfmates, with The Rubaiyat next to The Complete Dog Book. It works for her, though, and the blocks of color are pretty." Page 21.

No comments: